Thursday 29 December 2011

A little request!

Hi all, I have a little favour to ask to see if you are able to help me at all.

My son is in the Nursery class of Westhill Primary School in Staffordshire and I wondered if you could help me at all to create more bookworms!

As a book blogger, and a massive bookworm since I was old enough to read, I would love to be able to help them in this year's project, which is to get the kids reading more.  The school library, and the individual classes too, need their stocks of books replenishing and they are busy trying to raise funds to be able to do this. They also run a Jackanory Story Club after school, so are always trying to get the kids reading more.

I've been so lucky that some children's authors, and a publisher have been absolutely fabulous and have very generously donated books so that they can help the school in this project. I would love it if anyone else would be able to help in any way at all.  If you can, please do let me know. 

Both myself and the school really would appreciate any support that any children's authors or publishers are able to give the school.

Thank you so much. 
Kim
xxx

2 comments:

Janice said...

This sounds like a a fantastic and worthwhile project Kim. I will see what I can do in the way of spreading the word. xx

simon wild said...

Hi Kim
This sounds fantastic. I'd love to donate a couple of copies of my new children's pop up book. Please email me at mail@simonwild.com with details on where to send!

Best wishes
Simon Wild