Wednesday 10 August 2011

Review of There's A Lion In My Bathroom by Giles Paley-Phillips

There's A Lion In My Bathroom is a hilarious collection of nonsense poetry (his words not mine!) by the very talented Mr Paley-Phillips. 

This book is full of delightful and amusing poems which are accompanied by fabulous illustrations from Matthew Dawson. 

This is a book which can be shared by both adults and children of all ages, that will bring a smile to your face and brighten up your day with its humerous words and general sillyness.  It brought a lot of laughs to Oliver, my nearly four year old, and I have to admit to having quite a titter myself.   They are both daft and great fun. 

The book is full of both long and short poems and the shorter ones are really easy to remember.  My personal favourite was a poem called Falling Apart which I thought was hilarious.  Oliver's favourite was Bagshaw which he fell about laughing at and we had to read twenty million times (OK - well that may be a slight exaggeration but it sure felt like it!)

This book would be a great addition to anyone's bookshelf and a pleasure to pick up at anytime to put a huge great grin on your face.  Well done Giles for another pleasurable collection piece. 

A percentage of the profits from each copy of the book which is sold is being donated to Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research so buying a copy is also helping to raise funds which is a charity very close to Giles' heart. 

I have been lucky to also review The Fearsome Beastie by Giles and my review can be found here

Giles agreed to have a chat with me for the site to tell me more about him and his books and our interview can be found here

Giles lives in sunny East Sussex with his wife Michelle and his two young sons Elijah and Sonny.  (I bet he must be the best bed time story teller ever!)   He is a Crystal Palace fan and in his spare time plays in a band.  If you would like to learn more about Giles, please check out his blog site here

No comments: